Friday, May 14, 2010

Watching People Walk

After massage school I got into the habit of watching people when they moved to analyze what might need to be worked on. It's kind of something that I've never stopped doing, but I've had a new perspective with this watching habit of mine. I noticed about a week ago that while I'm driving around and see people walking around I start to wonder what their story is. Not just where is their tension, but why do they have the tension. Are they limping because they have an old sports injury? Does they're head tilt because they have a bad habit of tilting their head when they're on the phone? What's their story? I don't know why I've started doing this. I think that I'm used to looking at things from a medical/ analytical way, and now I'm looking at things from a more personal point of view. I've always said that I'm not much of a people person. I think that I've been that way because I've had such a hard time dealing with my issues, it makes it hard for me to let others close enough for me to deal with them. It kinda seems nice to be able to understand and let myself be trusting with others. It's not that I'm not trusting in a "I think you're a liar" sort of way. It's just that I'm able to trust people with who I am. It's been quite a long time since I've felt that I can let people into my world without the fear that they are going to turn around and pick me apart. People are going to judge me no matter what. It's just human nature. I just have to let myself be secure enough in who I am to not let it get to me. I'm not saying it's easy to do now. It's just easier. So to bring this whole thought process to a close... I kinda wonder what story my body language throws out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment